The first MAMO conference was held in St Andrews in 2013, organised by Dr Chris Jones and Dr Bettina Bildhauer, (very) ably assisted by Claire Pascolini-Campbel (PhD Candidate, English) and Christian Livermore (PhD Candidate, English).
The keynote speakers were:
- Carolyn Dinshaw (New York University): Green Thoughts in a Green Shade: The Green Man and the Modern World
- Patrick Geary (Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton): European ethnicity: Does Europe have too much past?
- Seamus Heaney (Nobel Prize-winning poet): ‘Feinyit Fablis and Ane Cairfull Dyt’?: A Reading with Commentary
- Bruce Holsinger (University of Virginia): The Worlding of Medievalism: Past and Present in the Early Anthropocene
- Felicitas Hoppe (Author and translator): Adapting medieval romance
- Terry Jones (Author and broadcaster): Columbus, America and the flat earth
- James Robinson (National Museums Scotland): Saints’ cults and celebrity: The medieval legacy
Thanks to the British Academy, you can also see two of the keynote speakers, Terry Jones and Patrick Geary, in conversation at the British Academy as part of a follow-up in London in July 2013.
Download the full list of speakers and abstracts as a PDF here: MAMO2013_abstracts.